Even though she had some horrible moments in life, she had a beautiful gift in her voice and I will always love her.
Monday, March 26, 2012
Saturday, March 3, 2012
I've been praying for God to refine these specific things in my life as of late. These are just a few of the challenges John Piper gives to women in one of his articles.
- That all of your life—in whatever calling—be devoted to the glory of God.
- That the promises of Christ be trusted so fully that peace and joy and strength fill your soul to overflowing.
- That this fullness of God overflow in daily acts of love so that people might see your good deeds and give glory to your Father in heaven.
- That you be women of the Book, who love and study and obey the Bible in every area of its teaching. That meditation on Biblical truth be the source of hope and faith. And that you continue to grow in understanding through all the chapters of your life, never thinking that study and growth are only for others.
- That you be women of prayer, so that the Word of God would open to you; and the power of faith and holiness would descend upon you; and your spiritual influence would increase at home and at church and in the world.
- That you be women who have a deep grasp of the sovereign grace of God undergirding all these spiritual processes, that you be deep thinkers about the doctrines of grace, and even deeper lovers and believers of these things.