Monday, February 16, 2009

I apologize...

for my last entry. It was an unfortunate thing that I decided to write with the state of fatigue I was in.
It happens..

I had a wonderful weekend. Paul came into town and it was truly special. I value him deeply and am so incredibly blessed to have had him in my life for the past year and a half or so.

We went to Austin on Saturday. I love that city. It's so unique and beautiful. I wish I could visit more often.

I learned some things about J. S. Bach in my Music History class today. He was an extremely interesting and exceptionally talented musician. The way he perceived things is absolutely remarkable. I read that he could walk into a room, concert hall or not, and be able to immediately pick out the flaws and the advantages the room's structure would facilitate in producing sound. He also understood organs perfectly. I find it all fascinating, because I am not even close to being that talented.

Today was a foggy day. I feel like I could take a nap right about now. Instead, I am at the library trying to figure out what to write my research paper on and then off to run, since I was unable the past several days.

Here is a song that has ministered to my heart for several years. It's called "Better," by a girl named Lauren McCuistion:
God, You know my heart
I've laid it down before you.
God, You know my deep desire
How I only want to honor You.
And I know that You've got the desire of my heart
And You've got it set apart.
And You know the better thing,
And I've simply got to trust
That if You choose not to give me what I want,
You'll give me something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment